Thursday 30 April 2015

Dove® Beauty Bar: Miracle Soap!?

No, your eyes don't need fixing. 
Yes, you read the title correctly.
 
I just want to start off this post by saying that this is just MY own personal experience using the Dove Beauty Bar. It may or may not deliver the same results for you. Obviously I'm hoping that it will work wonders on your skin like it has on mine, but I have seen many mixed reviews on the product (some hate it, some love it).  With that being said, I hope you enjoy my thoughts on the product.  

I always like to start off these posts by explaining the 5 W's (and how) of the product:
WHO: The original white Dove® Beauty Bar

WHAT: 
"The ultimate beauty bar. Pure and simple."  In other words, it is a bar of soap made with 1/4 moisturizing cream.  

Ingredients include: Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Tallowate or/ou Sodium Palmitate, Lauric Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Aqua, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocoate or/ou Sodium Palm Kernelate, Parfum, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, CI 77891

WHERE:  Can be bought at all major drugstores and online as well (Amazon, CVS, RiteAid, Target, Walgreens, Walmart, and anywhere where Dove® products are sold).

WHEN:  I use this beauty bar twice a day; once in the morning and once at night.  I will also use it more than twice a day if I have make-up on or if I have been working out/excessively sweating that day.  

WHY:  In order to cleanse my face of any dirt, oil, make-up, or residue and to keep my acne at bay (yes, it has helped tremendously with my active acne which I will discuss in further detail a little later).

HOW:  I wet my face with warm water to open up the pores and rub the soap between my hands under the water creating a lather.  Once a good amount of lather is created, I take the bar directly and quickly run it over my cheeks, chin, forehead, and nose.  I then put the soap down, and with whatever lather is on my hands, I begin to work that into my skin.  I be sure to rub the product in my face for at least a minute, in order to ensure a proper cleanse.  Nothing harsh, just gently massage my skin with the lather.  Then, with cold water, I wash the soap off my face and pat dry. 


Pros and Cons of the Dove® Beauty Bar
Pros (+)
Cons (-)
  • Cleanses away all the dirt, oil, make-up, and residue effectively 
  • It is a very basic and mild cleanser which allows many different skin types to use it (even sensitive skin) 
  • Fresh/“clean” scent 
  • Helped cure my active acne 
  • Works better at keeping hormonal acne at bay than other products (i.e.: Spectro, Cetaphil, etc.)
  • Also helped tremendously with the little tiny acne bumps that I used to have (the ones that you can't pop/pick at because they are just under the skin)
  • Super inexpensive ($2-$8 depending on the different sized packages that you get)
  • Readily available at all major drugstores and even some grocery stores in the health/beauty aisles! 
  • Can get a little messy (vs. pump-style cleansers) 
  • Leaves the skin slightly dry/tight feeling 
  • Light fragrance (I actually don’t mind the fragrance but some may not like fragranced products) 
  • Towards the end of its life, I find the product harder to work with (since it is a bar of soap, they get very fragile when used up until the end)
  • You must buy a separate container to hold the soap in because it does not go well with the cardboard/paper packaging (wet bar of soap against dry paper.... you see where I'm going with this)

Well, that just about wraps up my testimony of the original Dove® Beauty Bar. As always, be sure to do your own research and read up on the thousands and thousands of reviews that are online before you try out any of the products I mention.  And keep in mind that this is what works for my skin; what works for my skin may not necessarily works for yours (although, I do hope it does). 
Stay tuned for my next blog post and take care,
Glynn  

"Do something wonderful, people may imitate it."
 Albert Schweitzer 

1 comment:

  1. excellent to take a look at this ebook on this blog. As a ways as i will see, that could be a absolutely essential question for each person truly. Its my personal opinion and i'm certainly agreed with the subject used here.
    อาหาร เสริม mega

    ReplyDelete